By: Amy Kawa
A few months ago, Disney announced a series of hard-ticketed events that will close Disneyland park down to the general public and offer those with a ticket speciality entertainment, themed foods, access to classic attractions, and even a few surprises!
The first night in this series will take place January 18th and is a “Throwback Nite.” Erin Glover at the Disney Parks Blog released some things you can expect for the evening:
- Mood-Setting Music – You can’t fully experience yesteryear without the sounds that filled the air, and Throwback Nite will surround you with the tunes of this magical time.
- Main Street, U.S.A. – As soon as you enter, you will be met by the dulcet tones of the Four Seasons, as a tribute band performs live at the Main Street Station.
- Central Plaza – A live “on location” radio DJ provides the music you will hear throughout the park, and she will even take your song requests and dedications!
- “it’s a small world” – A live swing and jazz band will lead an energetic dance party where guests of all ages will be invited to dance to the classic tunes of era.
- Mark Twain Riverboat – Those looking for a more relaxing mood can board the Mark Twain Riverboat for a musical trip around the Rivers of America. A small piano and solo singer provide the intimate soundtrack, serenading guests with the hits of the era’s crooners like Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin. Passengers are, of course, invited to grab their sweetheart, step out onto the deck and sway the night away under the stars.
- Special Food and Beverage – Snack like it’s 1955 with these special menu items throughout Disneyland park.
- Stage Door Café: Golden-fried pepper jack mac & cheese bites topped with Walt’s Chili
- Bengal Barbecue: Kalua Pork – Brined and shredded pork over ginger-lemongrass jasmine rice with spicy hoisin sauce and pineapple salsa
- Royal Street Veranda: Chicken Pot Pie in a Bread Bowl – Hearty, creamy soup with tender chunks of chicken and vegetables in a sourdough bread bowl
- Mint Julep Bar: Dreamsicle Mickey Beignets – Beignets coated in orange creamsicle glitter sugar
- Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor: Hot Fudge Cake Sundae – Vanilla ice cream sandwiched between devil’s food cake, covered in hot fudge and garnished with whipped cream and a cherry
- Commemorative Event Merchandise – Available only during Disneyland After Dark! Tees, ornament and tumbler will be available at Le Petit Chalet in Fantasyland and Disney Showcase on Main Street, U.S.A.
- Retro-Inspired Fashion – Show off your spiffy duds and come dressed to impress!
Tickets are still available for this event and you purchase them online here.