By: Amy Kawa
In order to make up for some lost time, here’s a brief rundown of the biggest newsworthy events to happen in November of 2018:
The Plaza Restaurant Begins Breakfast Service
- The Magic Kingdom’s famous Plaza Restaurant is now serving three meals a day! Breakfast service began in November and has been receiving rave reviews. You can now get your Mickey waffles – sans characters – along with other breakfast specialties and mimosas from 7:45 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. daily.
Five New MagicBand Colors Released
- The five new MagicBand colors are lavender, turquoise, white, dark green, and navy blue. These colors have yet to be released as part of the “free” choices included in your Disney resort stay, but they can be purchased on Shop Disney.
Disney After Hours Expand
- Disney After Hours are a popular event that have historically been held only in the Magic Kingdom. This November, Disney announced they would be expanding the event on select nights to Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. For $125 a night (Annual Passholder discounts apply), guests will have access to the most popular attractions like Slinky Dog Dash, Toy Story Mania, Tower of Terror, Flight of Passage, Expedition Everest, and Na’vi River Journey as well as complimentary frozen treats (yes, Mickey Bars), popcorn, and select nonalcoholic beverages.
Disney Skyliner Set to Open Fall 2019
- It was announced that the Disney Skyliner would be completed for guests to enjoy in the Fall of this year. The gondola system will transport visitors to and from Epcot and Hollywood Studios as well as between four resorts: Disney’s Art of Animation, Pop Century, Caribbean Beach and Disney Riviera – the 15th Disney Vacation Club property currently being built.
Photopass Going Automated?
- Disney will begin using automated cameras in select meet and greet locations early this year. These cameras will replace the typical Photopass photographers at the meet and greets and will capture photos from the very beginning of the character interaction to the end, allowing for more photos for guests to choose from.
New Nighttime Show Coming to Hollywood Studios
- In May 2019, an all-new cinematic nighttime experience, “Wonderful World of Animation,” will debut at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The show will use state-of-the-art projection technology to take guests on a magical journey through more than 90 years of Disney animation, all beginning with the mouse himself. This will likely be replacing “Movie Magic” when it debuts.
What’s Replacing Illuminations?
- A limited-time experience aptly-named “Epcot Forever” will debut in Fall 2019 and feature classic Epcot tunes. This show will replace IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth before the more permanent nighttime spectacular takes over. This new nighttime spectacular will be called “A Celebration of Disney Music” and will show how Disney music inspires people around the globe. Large floating set pieces, custom-built LED panels, kites with special effects, choreographed moving fountains, lights, pyrotechnics, and lasers will take center stage on World Showcase lagoon.
New Magic Kingdom-Area Resort Takes Shape
- From WDWNT: “This will be a new deluxe, nature-inspired resort coming to Walt Disney World that will feature more than 900 hotel rooms and proposed Disney Vacation Club villas. This resort will be built on the site of the former River Country water park on the shore of Bay Lake adjacent to Fort Wilderness.”
- “Terri Schultz, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Disney Vacation Club, said in a statement: ‘This resort experience will be a celebration of Walt Disney’s lifelong love and respect for nature, with some fun and even surprising accommodation types that families will find irresistible. It will give our members and guests yet another opportunity to stay in close proximity to all the newest attractions and experiences in our theme parks, and with the flexibility, value and world-class service families expect from Disney.’”
New Details Released for Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge
- The Millennium Falcon attraction will be called Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run and will feature Hondo Ohnaka and Chewbacca. The Battle Escape attraction will be called Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance where guests can join an epic battle between the First Order and the Resistance – including a face-off with Kylo Ren himself!
- Take a look at these teaser trailers:
More Epcot Updates Announced
- As construction continues on the Ratatouille attraction in the France pavilion in World Showcase, we now know the attraction’s official name will be Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure.
- An update to the “O Canada!” film will be coming to the Canada pavilion.
- A Beauty and the Beast sing-along will also be coming to the France pavilion and will be shown in the same theater as Impressions de France, but will not replace the attraction, as they both will run at alternative times throughout the day.
Live-Action Lion King Teaser Trailer Released
- Take a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YobQzMKkQ3Y