By: Amy Kawa
In order to make up for some lost time, here’s a brief rundown of the biggest newsworthy events to happen in December of 2018:
Garden Rocks Concert Series Expands
- This year, Epcot’s International Flower and Garden Festival’s Garden Rocks Concert will expand to feature 270 concerts over its three-month run from March 6th-June 3rd. All concerts in the Garden Rocks Concert Series take place at 5:30 p.m., 6:45 p.m., and 8:00 p.m. each night of the festival and are included with regular admission for those who don’t wish to book a dining package.
- March 6-8: Journey former lead vocalist Steve Augeri “Don’t Stop Believin’” (JUST ANNOUNCED)
- March 9-10: Glass Tiger “Don’t Forget Me (When I’m Gone)”
- March 17-20: Simple Plan “Welcome to My Life”
- March 25 – 27: Air Supply (NEW to Garden Rocks) “All Out of Love” (JUST ANNOUNCED)
- March 28-29: Berlin featuring Terri Nunn “Take My Breath Away”
- March 30-31: The Smithereens (NEW to Garden Rocks) “Top of the Pops”
- April 1-2: Rick Springfield “Jessie’s Girl” (JUST ANNOUNCED)
- April 3-4: Christopher Cross (NEW to Garden Rocks) “Sailing”
- April 5-7: The Spinners “Working My Way Back to You”
- April 12-13: Sister Sledge (NEW to Garden Rocks) “We Are Family”
- April 17-19: Sister Hazel (NEW to Garden Rocks) “All For You”
- April 20-21: Steven Curtis Chapman (NEW) “Cinderella”
- April 22-23: TobyMac (NEW) “The Elements”
- April 24-26: Lonestar “Amazed”
- April 27-30: The Orchestra starring former members of ELO “Evil Woman”
- May 1-4: Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone “I’m Henry VIII I Am”
- May 5-7: Don Felder, Formerly of the Eagles “Hotel California”
- May 8-9: A Flock of Seagulls “I Ran (So Far Away)” (JUST ANNOUNCED)
- May 14-15: Richard Marx (NEW to Garden Rocks) “Right Here Waiting” (JUST ANNOUNCED)
- May 16-19: Starship, Starring Mickey Thomas “We Built This City” (JUST ANNOUNCED)
- May 20-21: Colin Hay of Men at Work (NEW) “Who Can It Be Now?”
- May 28-29: Jon Secada “Just Another Day” (JUST ANNOUNCED)
- May 30-June 1: Blood, Sweat, and Tears “Spinning Wheel” (JUST ANNOUNCED)
Avengers Trailer Released
- This month, the Avengers 4 trailer was finally released and the movie was given an official title – Avengers: ENDGAME. Check it out in theaters April 26. 2019:
New Information Released on Next Original Disney-Pixar Film
- Disney-Pixar’s next original film will be entitled Onward and will star Chris Pratt (Guardians of the Galaxy), Tom Holland (Spider-Man: Homecoming), Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Planes), and Octavia Spencer (Zootopia).
- In an official press released from Disney, the plot of the film was described as:
Set in a suburban fantasy world, Disney•Pixar’s Onward introduces two teenage elf brothers who embark on an extraordinary quest to discover if there is still a little magic left out “there.”
The film was inspired by director Dan Scanlon’s personal relationship with his brother and is scheduled for release nationwide on March 6, 2020.
Epcot’s ImageWorks to House Character Meet and Greets
- Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope are greeting guests in ImageWorks as a part of the Imagination pavilion. In order to make room for this meet and greet, many of the exhibits inside of ImageWorks will be demolished. The exhibit where guests can act as a conductor and move an instrument-playing Figment around have already been walled off. It is expected that Joy and Sadness from Inside Out and Baymax from Big Hero 6 will also join Ralph and Vanellope in the near future in order to leave the Inventions building vacant for its inevitable demolition as part of Epcot’s massive overhaul.
Disney Releases Extended Look at Galaxy’s Edge
- During the Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade, Disney released a new, extended look into Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Board the Millennium Falcon on Smuggler’s Run or battle the First Order on Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance – the two new attractions scheduled to open in the new land in Disneyland in Summer 2019 and Disney World in late Fall 2019. Take a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SowdvPryB2g
The Odyssey Reopens in Epcot
- The Odyssey, once a restaurant and then a convention-style gathering area, has now become and extra space to occupy guests during the busier festival seasons at Epcot. As it has become more of a permanent fixture during the year, Disney poured some money into refurbishing this space, and its facelift looks phenomenal. This space now has a permanent food counter with a menu of its own that looks like it could change depending on what festival or time of year we’re in.